Friday, June 8, 2012

The Grind

Entering the grind we become numb.  Work, clean, chores, computer, sleep, eat, work.  An endless list of things to tack on our day yet they all become a monumental challenge.  We are struggling now to fit our own lives into this daily grind, how do we adept to a life without our son?  I do not know, I can only try.  Where does our son fit into this life, we planned to focus our busy lives around his growing life.  Now that our life is filled with nothing but time and his life is no more, we are left with the wreckage of our new life.  It has taken months to get to where we are and I feel like we are no further along than we were months ago.  I have not added anything new besides a headstone for my son in my life.  The only accomplishment is a piece of blue slate with my wifes handwritten message etched in it.  Hardly an accomplishment which I ever wanted to live to see.  I am no further in my life, no further with our family, only farther away from my son as every day passes.  I am alone in this life, floating along in this grind, trying to find a safe place to plant my feet.  I fear there is no safe place anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment