Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Why hello there lack of sleep

4 weeks today.  4 weeks from this date my son passed away.  The absolute worst 8 hours of my life.  Cannot sleep, have not slept much in the last few days.  Going to try to eat healthy today and get some exercise in hopes of sleeping tonight. 

My wife and I are meeting with a counselor today.  We have met with a few but just on a one time basis.  Now that we are back in Raleigh we can hope to find a steady counselor to talk to in hopes of helping us through this grief.  They say you have to go through your grief, not over it, or around it.  So we are, and let me tell you it sucks. 

You never expect to have your child die, that is not something you ever consider when you are growing up.  You may think "well duh, no one expects it"  but what I mean is growing up you know your dog is going to die, you know one day your grand parents, and your parents and maybe your brother or sister will die while you are alive, you begin to prepare for it in your mind.  You never consider your baby dying.  You never consider the moment you have to watch your baby die in your wifes arms.  Its a horrible moment, not recommended.  I had to do that 4 weeks ago, never again do I ever want to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment